Black Bean Hummus
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ medium jalapeño, deseeded and rough chopped
- 2 each garlic cloves, rough chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup tahini
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup water to thin out as needed
- Add all of the ingredients except the olive oil and water to a food processor and rough chop for 2-3 minutes.
- While pureeing stream in olive oil and water until hummus is smooth and the proper consistency. It will firm up once refrigerated.
- Adjust seasonings to taste. Since jalapenos vary in heat the amount needed will vary. For added heat cayenne, Tabasco or your favorite hot sauce can me added.
- Hummus can be made in advance and kept refrigerated for up to seven days.